Easy Setup and Install Guide for “123.hp.com/Setup/Officejet 4500” Printer Setup
Setting up a new HP printer is a very straightforward process. The HP OfficeJet 4500 printer is quick to install and easy to set up on multiple platforms. It works well in both home and small office environments. At 123-hpp, you will get complete instructions to setup your printer with ease. Also, get full guidance on how to download HP printer drivers and software, how to make a wireless or USB connection, how to use the Wireless Setup Wizard, and so on. Let’s go with the printer unboxing first.
Step 1: HP OfficeJet 4500 Printer Unboxing
Unpack your newly purchased HP OJ 4500 printer from the shipping box, taking into consideration that it should be done with utmost care to protect it from getting damaged. Follow the steps to unbox your OfficeJet printer:
- Pick up the HP OJ 4500 printer's box, then carefully pull the printer out of the box.
- After that, take off all the plastic wrap that is covering the printer's cords.
- Now, carefully set the printer on a level surface.
- Set aside the shipment box, the printer manuals, and any additional packing materials.
Step 2: HP OfficeJet 4500 Printer Power Cord Connection
Before you begin plugging wires into your system, check the source of the power connection. To prevent any disruptions while working, keep the printer next to the outlet for a constant supply of electricity. Here are the steps to connect the power cable:
- Take off the power cable from the box.
- Attach one end of the power cable to the printer's back and the other to a power outlet.
- Now, press the button to turn the printer on.
Step 3: HP OfficeJet 4500 Printer Ink Cartridge Installation
Once the HP OfficeJet 4500 printer is on, it will prompt you to install the ink-cartridges. Here are the important steps:
- Remove the protective tape covering the ink cartridges.
- Push the cartridges into the appropriate slots while holding them by their edges.
- Ensure that the ink cartridge is placed in the appropriate slot.
- Then, close the lid and the access door.
- To align the ink cartridges, click "Ok."
- Set the time, date, region, nation, and language in the printer's Control Panel.
(Note : Some advanced HP printers don’t require to changing language, region and time & date manually.)
Step 4 : HP OfficeJet 4500 Paper Tray Alignment
As soon as your OJ 4500 printer detects the ink cartridges, proceed to load unused paper into the paper tray. For this, follow the steps given below:
- Remove the paper tray, then move the paper width guides apart.
- Insert the paper stack into the input tray after aligning it.
- Make sure the paper width guides are adjusted so that they meet the paper stack's edges.
- Close the paper tray after the sheets are aligned, then look for the printer to print an alignment page.
Your hardware setup is complete at this point. Your printer will then request that you download its drivers and software installation. Although installing printer drivers may appear difficult but actually it is not. However, this procedure can be made more simple and a lot easier by using 123.hp.com setup.
Step 5: HP OfficeJet 4500 Drivers Download Using 123.hp.com setup
A printer driver is a software component that facilitates communication between a computer and a printer. Driver allows the computer to send print jobs to the printer in a format it can understand. Therefore, it is essential to install the printer's driver on each computer you want to print from whenever you purchase a new printer.
The printer drivers can be installed on a computer through a CD or through manufacturer’s website. Here is a guide for installing printer drivers on Windows or Mac OS systems.
Download HP OfficeJet 4500 Printer Driver for Windows
HP printer driver can easily be downloaded by visiting the “123.hp.com/Setup/Officejet 4500” for Windows computer according to the basic guidelines below:
- First, go to 123.hp.com/setup link and press "Enter.”
- Type the printer's model, name, or serial number correctly in the setup page.
- A list of available software will be displayed.
- Choose the preferred one from the list. Then choose the OS version of your computer.
- Click "Download" to begin.
- Open the downloaded file and adhere to your computer's instructions.
Download HP OfficeJet 4500 Printer Driver for Mac
If you want to download the HP printer driver for Mac OS without a CD, “123.hp.com/Setup/Officejet 4500” and follow the steps below:
- Move to address bar, type 123.hp.com setup and press “Enter.”
- Enter the model number, name or serial number of the printer.
- On the screen, various Mac OS versions will appear.
- Choose your version of your OS. Download the Mac driver by using HP Easy Start Guide.
- Look in the folder for the configuration file. Confirm the configuration file is in.dmg format.
- After selecting it with a double-click, adhere to the on-screen directions.
Step 6: HP OfficeJet 4500 Drivers Download Using Installation CD/DVD
You can easily download the printer driver software from the CD/DVD that came along with your printer. Here’s how:
HP OfficeJet 4500 CD/DVD Driver Download for Windows
Follow the steps below to start downloading the software on a Windows system using installation CD/DVD:
- Turn on your Windows computer and connect your HP printer.
- After that, insert the CD/DVD with the driver installation.
- Once it is initiated, your Windows screen will show a dialog box.
- To proceed with installing the HP OfficeJet 4500 driver, select "Next."
- To successfully install the 123.hp.com officejet4500 driver, adhere to the onscreen prompts.
HP OfficeJet 4500 CD/DVD Driver Download for Mac
Follow the steps below to start downloading the software on a Mac system using installation CD/DVD:
- Switch on your Mac computer and HP OfficeJet 4500 printer.
- Wait to attach the USB cable to the printer until prompted to do so.
- Place the CD in the system disc drive, run the setup wizard, and then adhere to the prompts.
- Next, connect the USB cable to the system at the prompt of the installer.
- Once the name of the printer is detected, it proceeds automatically to the next steps.
- To download the file, enter the system and printer information.
- Run the downloaded file to finish.
Step 7: HP OfficeJet 4500 Printer Software Installation
After downloading the software, the system will then ask you to install it. Here’s how you can do it:
HP OfficeJet 4500 Windows Driver Installation
- Click on "Drivers and Support" in the search browser.
- Next, choose "Software and Drivers" from the list on the left.
- Press the "Go" button now.
- Select the "Change" button to choose the preferred OS and again press "Change."
- After that, select the HP OfficeJet 4500 printer driver by tapping the "Download" button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to quickly and correctly install it after downloading.
HP OfficeJet 4500 Mac Driver Installation
- On the Mac, make a new print queue.
- Click on the "Apple" menu now.
- After that, choose "System Preferences."
- Choose from the drop-down menus labelled "Print & Fax," "Print & Scan," or "Printers & Scanners."
- Add your printer to the list of available printers, then choose the "Use" or "Print Using" option.
- Click "Add" to add your HP OfficeJet 4500 printer after selecting the printer's name.
- Depending on the capabilities of your HP OfficeJet 4500 printer, carry out all the actions such as print, scan, or fax.
Step 8: HP OfficeJet 4500 Wireless Setup
HP OfficeJet 4500 Wireless Connection for Windows
Let’s begin with the wireless connection of HP OfficeJet Printer with your Windows computer with these simple-to-follow instructions:
- Verify that your Wi-Fi router is always on and linked to your HP OfficeJet printer.
- Next, select "Devices and Printers" from the printer's "Control Panel" in the menu.
- A new window will open; click the "Add a printer" link in the upper-right corner of this window
- Click "Next" after choosing your HP OfficeJet printer models from the list of printers that appears.
- Wait until the printer is successfully linked to your Windows PC.
- To ensure that your HP OfficeJet printer connection is successful, print a "Test" page.
HP OfficeJet 4500 Wireless Connection for Mac
Here are the steps to connect your HP OfficeJet Printer with your MAC system wirelessly:
- Verify that your Wi-Fi router and your HP OfficeJet printer are connected to the same network.
- Select "System Preferences" from the "Apple" menu.
- A new window will be displayed on the screen.
- Next, select "Printers and Scanners" from the menu.
- Then, to add the HP OfficeJet 4500 Printer, click on the "+" sign in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Finally, if your printer connection with your Mac system was successful, have a look in the upper left corner of the screen.
Step 9: HP OfficeJet 4500 USB Setup
To establish a direct connection between your PC or laptop and the printer without relying on the internet, you have the option to use a USB cable.
123.hp.com Oj4500 USB Setup for Windows
Follow the steps to connect your HP OfficeJet 4500 Printer to your Windows computer using a USB connection method:
- To set up a USB printer, turn it on and make sure the power supply is steady.
- From the "Settings" menu, choose "Device and Printers."
- Between the computer and printer, attach the USB port and LAN cable.
- When prompted for a connection type, select USB when you click on the downloaded file to launch the setup.
- You'll see that Windows automatically recognizes the name of your printer.
- To complete the installation process, click on the printer's name and then adhere to the on-screen directions.
123.hp.com Oj4500 USB Setup for Mac
Follow the steps to connect your HP OfficeJet 4500 Printer to your Mac OS using a USB connection method:
- Use the same USB cable to connect your Mac and OfficeJet printer, then turn on the printer.
- Now select "System Preferences" by clicking on the "Apple" symbol.
- Next, click on "Printers and Scanners" from the menu options.
- Next, select the plus sign (+) next to the printers list.
- You will see a visible list of printers. To add your printer in the list, choose "Add New Printer."
- We hope the connection between your Mac OS and your HP OfficeJet 4500 printer was successful.
Troubleshoot HP OfficeJet 4500 Printer Set-up Issues with 123-HPP
When dealing with a new printer setup, your first stop should be www.123-hp.com. Here you will get complete troubleshooting guidelines for problems you may face during the printer setup and installation. So, always keep our contact details handy whenever you feel like being in trouble. It can be a great help for any issues that users in USA and across the world may face during HP printer driver download, HP printer wireless setup, HP printer USB connection, etc.
Most of the time, it is easier to setup an HP OfficeJet 4500 printer by following some fairly standard steps from the user manual attached to the printer box, but if all else fails, you can try using the tips above to find a solution that's specific to your printer. And, if printer setup is still bothering you, reach out to the 123-hpp team and ask for the immediate help and support you need. No matter which step you are stuck on, we are available around the clock to give you an immediate response!